16. December. 2017, 06:43:09 am *
clanski kalendar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
This topic has not yet been rated!
You have not rated this topic. Select a rating:
Author Topic: Core i9  (Read 4591 times)
TERMINATOR7777 Topic starter
BFBC2
Vrhovni vladar foruma
Croatia

271.00 EUR

View Inventory
Send Money to TERMINATOR7777

Tko leži ne bježi

BF2142 nick:
=XII=TERMINATOR7777

BF2 nick
=XII=TERMINATOR7777
« on: 30. July. 2009, 08:04:13 pm »

Hexa Core CPU from Intel
Core i9: First CPU said to be 6-core Gulftown - Update
Intel has just revealed the new Core name pattern but now there are rumors about possible CPUs of the Core i9 series. The 32 nm 6-core Gulftown is said to be an appropriate candidate.

Some days ago Intel put an end to the rumors and officially introduced the Core i3 and Core i5 pattern. But now new rumors say that Intel's 6-core CPU Gulftown will be traded under the name Core i9. The current Core 2 Duo and Core 2 Quad processors will be the Core i3 family.

Gulftown is said to go hit the retail markets by the name Core i9 and represents the upper end of the performance array. The 6-core CPU is said to get all the features of Bloomfield, HT for 12 cores and a 50 percent bigger level 2 cache - all in all 12 MiByte. The Gulftown or Core i9 are said to be compatible to the socket LGA 1366 and X58 motherboards and first models are expected in Q1 2010. For more information about Gulftown see Intel introduces 32 nm CPU - More details on the Nehalem successor.

Update: July 24, 2009
Now Fudzilla wants to have learned from Intel partners that the 6-core processor Gulftown, which is expected for early 2010, will be the first Core i9 processor. It is said that the processor will have a 32 nanometer architecture as well as the full feature set including SMT and Turbo Mode. The current X58 chipset with the LGA 1366 is supposed to be used as a chassis for the Gulftown. As already mentioned the processor will have six physical cores and thus twelve logical cores (SMT) and the L3 cache will be increased by 50 percent in comparison to the Core i7 Bloomfield. An integrated graphics unit is not included at first says the report.

This set of information matches with the details available already. Therefore it is expected that the official specification won't differ much when Intel releases them.

Preuzeto iz: www.pcgameshardware.com

* rnb.jpg (14.25 KB, 250x167 - viewed 695 times.)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 19 queries.